Belgian Master in law with excellent academic records and ideally 2 to 5 years of experience in Banking & Financial Law.
Excellent command of Dutch and/or French and English.
Allen & Overy is a leading law firm in Belgium. As part of an international network, it serves both local and international clients.
The firm employs approximately 4,950 staff in total, including over 2,700 lawyers working in 44 major centres worldwide.
Working in specialist teams, A&O offers a full legal service to a wide range of national and international businesses, financiers and governments.
A&O greatly values its unique culture, which combines high-quality client service with a real focus on people and teamwork.
Description de la fonction
To sustain its growth, A&O is currently looking for a lawyer with 2 to 5 years of experience for the Banking & Finance practice group in the Antwerp and/or Brussels office.
The Belgian Banking & Finance law team consists of 17 specialist lawyers based in the Antwerp and Brussels offices. This leading practice offers a complete banking and finance service and a comprehensive, cross-border capability, in conjunction with A&O’s other international offices.
They handle a wide variety of transactional and advisory work for banks, corporates, public entities, financial institutions in leveraged acquisition finance, global loans, project finance (projects and PPP), export trade and commodities finance, restructuring, securitisation, structured finance, debt capital markets and regulatory.
- You obtained a Master in law in Belgium with excellent academic records and have 2 to 5 years of experience in a Banking & Finance department.
- You have an excellent command of Dutch and/or French and English.
- You are a team player with excellent legal capabilities, entrepreneurial spirit and good communication skills.
- A&O offers a dynamic work environment and the opportunity to be a part of a leading international law firm.
- A&O makes a long-term commitment to its lawyers. The firm offers a variety of interesting work and the opportunity to work with other departments and in an interdisciplinary way, both in Belgium and internationally.
- You will be a part of a young and dynamic team, closely involved in both cross-departmental and cross-border transactions and cases, backed up by regular team meetings which enable the team to share relevant experience in an efficient way.
- A&O runs national and international secondment programmes to allow the lawyers to work with other departments, other people and to be exposed to the different cultures that the firm encompasses.
- A&O offers dedicated local and global training programmes and also organises professional training on communication, IT skills and management and business development skills.
- A&O has specialised know-how managers and you will have access to dedicated support staff and support systems.
- A&O offers career progression and an attractive financial package.