Samsonite is looking for a dynamic and result-driven Legal Counsel. Master's degree in Law, with additional experience or training in the field of GDPR and/or digital/ICT being a plus. Fluent in English (both orally and in writing) and have a very good working knowledge of French and/or German.
Founded in 1910, Samsonite is the world’s leading luggage brand with an extensive legacy in trendsetting travel solutions. Renowned for breakthrough research, development and its commitment to innovation, Samsonite has excelled since its inception in a number of industry firsts. Samsonite offers an extensive range of travel, business, casual, kids and personal accessory products. Samsonite helps travellers journey further, with ever-lighter and stronger products.
Its products are sold worldwide primarily under the brands Samsonite, Tumi, American Tourister, Gregory and Lipault, through wholesale distribution, company-operated retail stores and concessions as well as through e-commerce.
The group’s worldwide headquarters are located in Mansfield, Massachusetts (US). Its headquarters for Europe are located in Oudenaarde (Belgium), where it also has an important production facility.
Description de la fonction
For its European headquarter, to strengthen the in-house legal department, Samsonite is currently looking for a result-driven and dynamic Legal Advisor. You will be part of the European Legal team, reporting to the Vice President General Counsel Europe.
You will be responsible for:
- Drafting and reviewing agreements with a focus on commercial lease-, client-, distribution and agency agreements. In addition ICT and digital marketing (incl. social media) related agreements, assisting in the negotiation where required, working closely with and advising the business (HQ Oudenaarde and locally) on all aspects of such agreements bring variety to the job.
- Providing legal support in a number of legal areas (such as data protection, consumer law, advertising, competition) and ad hoc projects.
- Maintaining and updating contract overviews, templates and a legal ‘alerts’ calendar.
- Monitoring relevant changes in law and legal evolutions throughout Europe.
Applicants should ideally:
- Have a master’s degree in Law. Any additional experience or training in the field of GDPR and/or digital/ICT is a plus.
- Have gained relevant experience, ideally in an international environment.
- Be fluent in English (both orally and in writing) and have a very good working knowledge of French and/or German. Dutch is a plus.
- Be comfortable with a varied workload, balancing competing priorities, and with working independently in a deadline driven environment.
- Pay attention to detail and find it important to deliver high-quality work.
- Be hands-on, pro-active, well organized.
- Have excellent communication skills, and at the same time be discrete, be able to listen and process business input effectively.