The unexpected interview with Lise Roda
Because we create special relationships with our clients and candidates, we decided to give you an overview of a great person we work with... This time, let's meet Lise Roda, HR business Partner at Pictet&Cie, in an unexpected way...
1. What gets you out of bed in the morning?
A little voice calling: ‘Mama, Mama? Maaammmmmaaaaaa?’.
2. How would you describe your job to a child?
You get to meet a lot of people and you bring them together to make things happen.
3. What is your biggest achievement to date – personal or professional?
My little boy of course.
4. What does a typical day look like for you and what are you currently working on?
My typical working day looks like a rainbow: diverse, fun, full, speed, beautiful!
5. What three words would you use to describe your role?
Influencing, Inspiring, hard working.
6. If you could switch jobs with someone, who would it be?
Someone with a super power for once, like being at 2 places at the same time, or read people’s
mind… something like that!
7. What three words would your colleagues use to describe you?
Organized, dynamic, creative.
8. If you could chose those three words, what would they be?
Energic, resilient, adaptable.
9. If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor?
I’d like it to be a child. If you look at them, they have so much to teach us in terms of authenticity, empathy, love…etc… somehow we lose some of it along the way.
10. What do you like most about your job?
The diversity of it and the fact that each day is different.
11. What advice would you give to recent recruits?
Take your time, learn and remain authentic.
12. What’s your most memorable awkward moment in your entire career?
Some time ago, I had a job interview for an insurance company. When I arrived, there was actually 2 insurance companies in the building and of course I presented myself at the wrong one!!!
13. When was the last time you laughed so hard you cried?
Probably last week-end, with my neighbors.
14. What is your motto or personal mantra?
Keep calm and drink champagne.
15. What’s your favorite blog or website?
Loterie Nationale.lu ?
16. What’s the most recent app you’ve downloaded but have not used yet?
I downloaded Yuka recently, and I use it a lot actually. But now it takes me for hours to shop, since I scan everything…
17. Given a chance, who would you like to be for a day?
One of those Chef’s, Anne-Sophie Pic or Jean Sulplice for example. This is just ‘live art’ what those people do!
18. What’s your favorite line/quote from a film?
‘Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary’. Dead Poets Society.
19. What is your guilty pleasure?
Definitely chocolate & champagne.
20. What was your worse moment from the lockdown (Covid19)
I can’t recall of any. Lucky me, lucky us!
21. What was your best moment from the lockdown (Covid19)
Having the chance to be together with my partner and our little boy, enjoying small but real moments.
22. Any holidays coming?
Yyyeeeessssssss! But not far.